Sunday, January 11, 2009

Random Funny Things My Kids Say - Part 21

Being lazy and cheap this year (I forgot to do my annual Christmas cards but refuse to feel guilty about it), I waited til the new year to buy my 2009 wall calendar. After all who wants to pay full price? The answer to that is anyone who would like to have a choice as to what pictures your calendar will contain. The choices left for me were stupendously bad. Lots of overexposed fake tatas, Hannah Montanas, bad tv shows I've never heard of, and a calendar titled "Crack" which is apparently the official butt crack calendar. Having no desire to stare at ass all year long, I found one slightly bent calendar hidden behind the Cracks that was called Poopy Puppies. And no, it is not a calendar of pooping puppies, that would have been nasty. It is a calendar of cute little dozing puppies with an unfortunate choice of title.

So I put up the calendar and January has an adorable little puppy sleeping on its back with its tummy all exposed. Da Man takes one look at it and says, "You know what's going to happen as soon as the girls see it." I ignore him.

That day we had friends over for lunch. They have a boy and a girl who is about Oldest and Angus's ages. (Note for new readers - Angus is the nickname my middle daughter gave to herself. Sorry to confuse anyone who thought Angus was a boy!) Angus and the boy, who is a year younger, are good friends, real troublemakers. I'm in the kitchen prepping and I hear Angus and the boy giggling behind me. They are standing in front of the calendar. Angus points right at a certain point in the picture and says, "what do you think that is?"

"It's just a bump," the boy says.

"No it's a pee pee!"

"That doesn't look like a pee pee!"

"Yes it does!" Angus insists.

"How do you know, you don't have one!" The boy says.

"But I've seen it. I just saw yours today!" Angus admits.

"When?"

"You always leave the door open when you pee!"

"You shouldn't look!"

"You shouldn't leave the door open!"

"I can't help it. I'm scared when the door is closed.

"Well I can't help myself either. I'm just too curious!"

I think Da Man is going to have to have a little talk with Angus about her curiosity.



Updates of what is happening around the blogosphere!

Aerin at In Search of Giants is hosting a writer’s challenge to foster inspiration and community. It's pretty low-pressure: 1000 words a month. At the end of the year, you'll have a total of 12,000 words, which is not even half a NaNo entry. Go here to sign up!

BONUS: If you sign up for this challenge by January 14, your entry to the Ascension Clarity of Night contest counts as all 1000 of your words for January!



And:

Please drop by the Book Roast for the hippest publishing party in town! One hot publisher, two terrific agents, and six fabulous authors will be kicking off the launch party!!

The Book Roast serves up a variety of authors and books, lightly grilled and seasoned with humor. The Book Roast site is a free promotional tool for authors dedicated to celebrating great books! Its mission is to help publicize books of all genres, printed by publishers of all sizes.


The launch line-up is:

Monday, Jan 12: Mystery Publisher
Tuesday, Jan 13: Eric Stone
Wednesday, Jan 14: Agent Lucienne Diver
Thursday, Jan 15: Barrie Summy
Saturday, Jan 17: Elysabeth Eldering

Monday, Jan 19: Mystery Publisher
Tuesday, Jan 20: Traci E Hall
Wednesday, Jan 21: Maggie Stiefvater
Thursday, Jan 22: Agent Nathan Bransford
Friday, Jan 23: Jennifer Macaire

We hope to see you there!!

16 comments:

JaneyV said...

And there was me thinking they were going to draw pictures of poop next to the puppies.
At least she was honest!

preTzel said...

*snort* Starting younger and younger these days. *wink* I love the whole "I can't help it" comment. Had me rolling.

Charles Gramlich said...

Ah, the good old Pee pee conversation.

Travis Erwin said...

Ello, words are never enough to say thank you, but I wanted to stop by and try. I count you among my very best blogging friends and your support along with everyone else's has made this ordeal easier to bear.

And thank your kids for once again giving me a much needed laugh.

laughingwolf said...

lol... kids!

NOT gonna say what oldest daughter [only child at the time] did when she pushed the door open while i was relieving myself :O

sounds like they meant to title it: pooped pups

JR's Thumbprints said...

Kids say the darnest things. So tell me, was Angus correct in his calendar assessment?

Kimbra Kasch said...

OMG!!! LMAO - at least she's honest but...you'd better be preparing yourself for the teen years. Oh man...you're gonna have your hands full.

Kappa no He said...

I totally thought Da Man meant they were going to want a puppy. It turned out to be a much better story. And WHO named that calendar? Poopy Puppies, indeed!

Christina Farley said...

Your kids crack up.

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! That durn curiosity! Maybe she'll be a writer too. :0)

I get my calendars after Christmas. too. I was lucky and was still able to snag a couple of good ones. :0D

Christy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the contest plug!

And I passed on an award to you: http://www.insearchofgiants.com/2009/01/prmio-dardos.html

Mary Witzl said...

Kim's right, Ello -- be prepared!

Larramie said...

Thank you for The Book Roast.

Chris Eldin said...

Thanks Ello!!
:-)

Angie said...

My husband got me a Pooped Puppies desk calendar, which sounds like a desk version of yours, except I have more pictures. [satisfied hum] And I don't have a kid around to snicker at the puppies' pee-pees, LOL!

Angie

Steve Malley said...

Gawd, it's good to catch up on life among your kids! They. are. SO. Funny!!!

Search This Blog