Friday, March 26, 2010

Random Funny Things My Mom Says - Part 4

Last time my Mom was visiting, I walked in on her in the living room acting strangely. She was reaching up high with one arm and jumping in the air. As she landed, she'd smack herself on the head and continue to reach and jump. After 10 jumping head smacks she switched arms and did it 1o more times.

So I had to ask her.

"Mom, what are you doing?"

"I'm exercising," she said as she moves on to her 30th jump smack.

"But why are you jumping and hitting yourself?"

"I am reaching high and jumping to stretch out my stomach because I ate too much today. And I'm hitting myself on the head to remind myself not to eat too much again." She doesn't even stop as she explains this to me. "If you do this too, you would stop eating all those sweets right away."

"If I did that everytime I ate something bad I'd be in a coma," I said.

"That's why it works," she insisted.

"Ok, have fun," I said as I quickly ran away.

And people wonder why I'm crazy.

10 comments:

PJD said...

There's no way you could make that up.

Reminds me of the guy who repeatedly banged his head on the wall. Someone asked him, "Why are you doing that?" He answered, "Because it feels so good when I stop."

Dana Elmendorf said...

I cackled so loud. Too funny. Please always share stories about your mother.

Travis Erwin said...

Gyms would go broke if this caught on.

moonrat said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i'd be in a coma too

Kimbra Kasch said...

I love your Mom.

Christina Farley said...

Ha! Your Mom cracks me up.

Cynthia Reese said...

Too funny! I guess even I would learn if I hit myself on the head. Eventually, anyway.

But then, when it comes to character improvement, I'm definitely in remedial classes! :-)

Sage Ravenwood said...

Why does your mom make perfect sense to me? I totally get it. (Hugs)Indigo

laughingwolf said...

mama knows best, obviously ;) lol

writtenwyrdd said...

I love your stories. And your mom is so cool.

Search This Blog