Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ellen Picass-Oh

Hi everyone! So I've not been blogging for a while because I am lame. And I'm going to be even lamer and recycle a blog post I did for the 13ers. But as I'm fairly sure no one saw it there, I feel justified as there was a lot of hard work involved, as you can see.

So this blog post is based off of a dare by my buddy Elsie Chapman. It's great if you are a fantastic artist, like all 3 of my kids. But not so great if you have problems drawing a straight line or a circle. Which would clearly be me. Knowing my inability to draw, Elsie dared me to draw my MC, Kira from Prophecy. And I foolishly took the challenge!

Here's my first attempt. It was important for me to make sure I was accurate by including the yellow eyes and a bow and arrow. The boots were just a special extra I did. But my youngest came by and berated me for drawing her naked. 

 So I gave her some clothes and a sword. But then apparently my middle daughter came by and asked me if I was drawing a sailor. Damn it, she is not a sailor! So my youngest said, put her on a horse!


 My oldest shows up because of the shrieks of laughter emanating from my room and she takes a look and says "why is she riding a platypus?" At this point, I decided to call it a night and loaded up my self-portrait.

They have now taken to calling me Mama Smurf.

And BTW - here's how real artists do it:

 Kira by our very own and extraordinarily talented Natalie Whipple.

Another Kira by the amazing Joni who blogs at Lace and Fog Authoress. 

From now on, I shall leave the art to the artists!!

9 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

You're an artist - your medium is just words...

Love the pics :D

Joni said...

I agree with the first comment about you're craft being words, though your artwork did entertain just the same. ^^

Gah! I love the detailing in Natalie Whipple's picture. The clouds and tiger… lovely.

Charles Gramlich said...

You look like a master compared to my artistic abilities.

Bish Denham said...

Great depictions by "real" artists. But I also like the simplicity of yours.

Mike Jung said...

You know this means I have to call you "Mama Smurf" the next time I see you, right?

sattakingplaybazaar said...

Cutoff your utilization of payday advances to crisis circumstances. It tends to be hard to reimburse such high-loan fees on schedule,play bazaar
play bazaar

Unknown said...

While everybody encounters some dryness, either due to being drained or natural impacts, it tends to be harming if it's going on too much of the time. Converse with your eye care proficient about potential medications for your dry eyes, to forestall long haul harm. satta king
play bazaar
satta matka

Jaibros said...

It really is great to help a companion with their style so they are looking in the same class as conceivable when they go out with you.
Satta King
Play Bazaar

Satta King said...

Your organization logo is essential to your web showcasing endeavors. Take as much time as is needed to build up an incredible logo. In the event that you can't plan a stellar logo, ensure you redistribute this assignment to a gifted person who can build up an incredible logo. This is the thing that will distinguish your business, so don't avoid this progression. Satta King Play Bazaar

Search This Blog